Departure Date: 01/11/2018
Your unforgettable tour of Japan starts in the capital city of Tokyo, where you’ll visit the beautiful Hamarikyu Gardens, enjoy a scenic river cruise to the city’s oldest Geisha district of Asakusa and visit Meiji Jingu, the city’s most famous shrine. Bidding farewell to Tokyo, stay in a traditional ryokan in Takayama, before some time in the castle town of Kanazawa, where you’ll enjoy a trip to Shirakawago, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for its gassho-zukuri farmhouses. Hiroshima follows; a city which needs no introduction.
Take the short ferry ride to the sacred island of Miyajima, where you can see the Itsukushima Shrine, declared as one of the three most beautiful views in all of Japan, and visit the Peace Memorial Park and Museum. Leaving Hiroshima behind, it’s on to Japan’s ancient capital of Kyoto, where you can visit Nijo Castle, the serene Ryoan-ji Temple and Kiyomizu-dera Temple, where the views from the top are nothing short of breathtaking. There’s also the option to travel further afield to the small town of Nara with your Japan Rail Pass. Your final night will be spent in the lively town of Osaka, and there’s certainly no better place in the country to experience the flamboyant and colourful world of Japan’s street food and nightlife scene than right here. With a fantastic choice of optional activities available, this terrific tour represents a wonderful way to discover the captivating ‘Land of the Rising Sun’.
• 3 nights at Hotel Gracery Shinjuku, Tokyo | 2 nights at Ryokan Asunaro, Takayama | 2 nights at Daiwa Roynet, Kanazawa | 2 nights at Hotel New Hiroden, Hiroshima | 3 nights at Hotel Vista Premio, Kyoto | 1 night at Cross Hotel, Osaka
• Standard Room | Japanese-Style Room (communal bath) | Standard Room | Standard Room | Superior Room | Standard Room
• All meals as specified in the itinerary
• Flights available with Air China from London Heathrow Airport, departing 01/11/18
• English meet and greet return airport transfers
• All transportation and transfers as specified in the itinerary
• All sightseeing, excursions, public transportation fees and entrance fees as specified in the itinerary
• Services of an English-speaking local guide for sightseeing as specified in the itinerary
• 14-Day Japan Rail Pass in ordinary class, activated on Day 1
• PASMO Transport Pass for local transportation in Tokyo with 1,500 JPY worth of credits
• Information pack
Terms and Conditions:
Subject to availability. Please give me a call for further details.
14 days from £3,255 per person
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors Ltd and all are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Where we have created the package ourselves, the holiday offer will be covered under our own ATOL. Our ATOL number is 6751. Where the offer has been sourced through another tour operator, it will be protected under that tour operator's ATOL. Full details on the individual ATOL protection that applies to each holiday offer will be given at time of booking. Prices and information contained in this page are correct at the time of distribution, are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices shown may be subject to departure tax, ticket on departure or a passenger APC charge. Please ask your Travel Counsellor at the time of booking. Alongside ATOL protection which covers air holiday packages and charter flights, Travel Counsellors operates its own independent Financial Trust which protects every other element of its customers’ bookings including low cost airlines, scheduled flights, accommodation and car hire.