Departure Date: 17/05/2020
Your unforgettable adventure begins with an overnight stay in Copenhagen, before you fly to Greenland’s capital of Nuuk, one of the world’s northernmost and remote cosmopolitan capital cities, for a further overnight stay. Discover this Arctic metropolis’ wealth of cultural attractions and gorgeous brightly-coloured houses, before you’re welcomed onboard the state-of-the-art Greg Mortimer ship to start your once in a lifetime voyage into one of the world’s most remote regions. Over the coming days, uncover the immense beauty of West Greenland in true expeditionary style. Visit the UNESCO-listed Ilulissat Icefjord - home to one of the most actively calving glaciers in the world, explore Greenland’s second largest town of Sisimiut, hike across the volcanic Disko Island and much more besides.
Weather permitting, there’s also plenty of opportunities to enjoy Zodiac cruising under Greenland’s impressive peaks, kayak across crystal-clear waters or experience awe-inspiring glaciers from a helicopter. For your breath-taking voyage, enjoy full board in a beautiful Balcony Stateroom on the Greg Mortimer - a purpose-built expedition vessel that’s capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves. Featuring unique hydraulic viewing platforms and specially designed Zodiac launching platforms, you’ll be able to get the best possible views of the spectacular landscape. After a thrilling day in the wild, learn more about the region with a presentation in the spacious lecture room, treat yourself to a massage in the Wellness Centre or enjoy a drink with newfound friends in one of the two bars and lounges. When it’s time to dine, meals are served in the large restaurant, where you can indulge in a range of house wines, beers and soft drinks with dinner. You’re also welcome to 24-hour complimentary coffee, tea and snack facilities, so you’ll never be hungry or thirsty. As you bid farewell to your crew, expedition team and fellow travellers in Nuuk, it’s back to Copenhagen for an overnight stay, where you can reflect on your recent adventures in spectacular West Greenland.
• 1 night at Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport | 1 night at Hotel Hans Egede, Nuuk (or similar) | 9 nights onboard the Greg Mortimer | 1 night at Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport
• Standard Double Room | Balcony Stateroom | Standard Double Room
• Bed and breakfast | Full Board (including house wine, beer and soft drinks with dinner, as well as snacks, tea and coffee) | Bed and breakfast
• Return flights with British Airways from London Heathrow Airport, departing 17/05/20
• Cruise departing from Nuuk, Greenland on 19/05/20
• All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises as specified in the itinerary
• Transfers included
• Educational lectures and guiding services from expedition team
• Access to onboard doctor and basic medical services
• A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
• Complimentary use of muck boots during the voyage
• Comprehensive pre-departure information
• A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
• Port surcharges, permits and landing fees included
Voyage itinerary: Nuuk, Greenland (overnight in hotel accommodation) | Embark the Greg Mortimer | Eternity Fjord | Sisimiut | Ilulissat | Eqip Sermia | Qeqertarsuaq | Uummannaq | Upernavik | At Sea | Nuuk - Disembark
Terms and Conditions:
Valid until 30/09/19. Subject to availability. Please give me a call for further details.
13 days from £7,699 per person
These offers are brought to you by Travel Counsellors Ltd and all are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Where we have created the package ourselves, the holiday offer will be covered under our own ATOL. Our ATOL number is 6751. Where the offer has been sourced through another tour operator, it will be protected under that tour operator's ATOL. Full details on the individual ATOL protection that applies to each holiday offer will be given at time of booking. Prices and information contained in this page are correct at the time of distribution, are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice to you. Prices shown may be subject to departure tax, ticket on departure or a passenger APC charge. Please ask your Travel Counsellor at the time of booking. Alongside ATOL protection which covers air holiday packages and charter flights, Travel Counsellors operates its own independent Financial Trust which protects every other element of its customers’ bookings including low cost airlines, scheduled flights, accommodation and car hire.