Cruising from Singapore
03 October 2017
As the gateway to Southeast Asia and the world, you may not be aware that Singapore is the choice homeport of numerous cruise lines. Starting a cruise from Singapore means you can benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, varied sailings and some of the world’s top cruise lines.
Cruise lines departing from Singapore
- Royal Caribbean International – a destination on its own, the ships have features such as an ice skating rink, shopping promenade and DreamWorks Entertainment
- Princess Cruises – sailing to many ports including Bangkok, Bali and Hong Kong
- Celebrity Cruises – featuring modern luxury and contemporary design, Celebrity Cruises is defined by its amazing services.
- Seabourn – the arrival of a contemporary fleet in early 2017 will be the perfect blend of glamour, service, cuisine and highly personalised experiences
- Azamara Club Cruises – immerse yourself in the destination with amazing service, while sailing to a multitude of destinations that the larger ships cannot reach
- Holland America Line – with elegant lounges and spacious staterooms, Holland America Line offers state of the art facilities for all
- Silversea – like a five star hotel, sailing with Silversea offers the very best in customer service and style
Other areas to check out
- HarbourFront is the place to go if you’re hopping on a cruise from Singapore. Offering places to eat, shop, work and play, this is a bustling precinct full of exciting activities. There are plenty of high street and designer stores for shoppers and a wide selection of cuisine and restaurants as well as waterfront bars for a cocktail with a view.
- Marina Bay Cruise Centre is one of the biggest cruise terminals in Southeast Asia. With astounding architecture, this huge terminal plays host to some of the most massive cruise ships with a majestic backdrop. This architectural icon offers impressive views of the downtown Singapore skyline and the Straits of Singapore.
- Singapore Cruise Centre promises a seamless experience for every cruise passenger. Boasting excellent facilities and a fabulous location, within minutes of your ship arriving, you can explore the city on your doorstep. There are also easy connections to other shopping, dining and other entertainment venues in the heart of the city.
- Marina Bay is guaranteed to bombard the senses. Architectural icons dot the impressive skyline and there are green spaces galore at the 101 hectare Gardens by the Bay with lush gardens and cooled conservatories. The scenic waterfront is perfect for a late night stroll and you can take in some of the world’s best views from Sands SkyPark and Marina Bay Sands.
Beyond the Cruise
If you want to add to your cruise by spending some time in the amazing city of Singapore, there are some amazing opportunities for you and all the family.
There are plenty of activities for families to enjoy together, from high speed slides and aquatic attractions at Adventure Cove Waterpark to the breath-taking sights of a scenic cable car ride. If you’re looking for a more tranquil activity, why not visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens which offer a sensory experience for children or take a ride on the Singapore Flyer, a giant observation wheel with spectacular city views.
Fun-loving couples will love the exciting variety of parks and beaches that Singapore has to offer. Siloso Beach offers a selection of beach bars and restaurants as well as iFly Sentosa for a simulated sky diving experience. Singapore is also full of hidden gems such as Coriander Leaf, where foodies can learn how to whip up Asian dishes with guidance from professional chefs. Alternatively visit 1-Altitude, a rooftop bar with impressive views from 292 metres above the city.