05 September 2019
An outdoor enthusiast’s delight, stylish San Diego boasts year-round sunny weather, 70 miles of beautiful golden beaches and a vibrant dining and nightlife scene. Blessed with numerous neighbourhoods – such as the historic downtown Gas lamp Quarter, trendy Little Italy, luxurious La Jolla and chilled out Mission Beach – California’s second largest city also has an excellent selection of outdoor activities to keep you in touch with nature. Surfing, sailing, hiking, kayaking… the list goes on!
San Diego’s downtown is situated just 30 minutes’ drive from the Mexico border which explains the amazing Cali-Baja style cuisine featured in the region. Pair that with some craft beer brewed at one of the 150+ award-winning breweries in the region and your taste buds will thank you!
A charming, friendly and laid back destination, there’s so much to see and do at any time of the year; whatever your interests may be.
• Grab a drink at one of the city’s many rooftop bars or underground speakeasys
• Stay at, or visit, the historic Hotel Del Coronado – where numerous movie stars, world leaders and notable people have chosen to stay when visiting San Diego
• Enjoy a day at Legoland California
• Find local artisan crafts and mingle with the friendly locals at over 50 weekly Farmers’ Markets
• Visit the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum and learn what it was like to serve on board a city afloat at sea
• Explore the gardens, architecture, theatre and museums of the USA’s largest urban park - Balboa Park
• Keep your eyes peeled for a majestic humpback or Gray whale on a whale watching trip
• Head out on an epicurean adventure and sample some tasty treats with a walking food tour
• Put on your hiking boots and walk the trails of the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve, nestled atop the scenic cliffs of La Jolla
With average temperatures of around 72 degrees and boasting a mild Mediterranean-style climate with warm, sunny summers and cooler wet winters, San Diego is a real year-round destination that’s glorious whatever the season.
If you’re ready to discover the delights of sun-kissed San Diego, contact your Travel Counsellor today and receive exclusive benefits such as full financial protection and a 24-hour duty office ready to assist you before, during and even after your trip.