09 August 2018
If you’re heading to Australia, Etihad Airways is the way to go. You’ll travel in style on a luxurious fleet, taking advantage of an offering that includes child-friendly amenities and extensive in-flight entertainment, as well as the option of a VIP travel concierge service, exclusive airport lounges and even three-room suites.
Etihad has a special partnership with Virgin Australia, connecting Down Under’s biggest and best destinations – meaning you can sample the magic of Melbourne, see iconic attractions in Sydney and take in Brisbane’s lovely waterfront all in one trip, as well as visiting destinations to which these cities give access.
1. Etihad offer three daily departures from London Heathrow and a twice-daily service from Manchester to Abu Dhabi with fast onward connections to Sydney, Melbourne and Perth using modern, state-of-the-art aircraft including the A380 and 787 Dreamliner.
2. Everyone onboard is entertained with hundreds of hours of films, TV, box sets and games. There’s Wi-Fi and even live news and sports so you won’t miss a big game.
3. In economy, you’ll enjoy a choice of three quality meals, always with a vegetarian option, and a selection of beverages. As well as cosy blankets, the new Smart Seat on the A380 offers a unique headrest offering premium comfort.
4. Families with little ones get a helping hand from Etihad’s Flying Nanny on all long haul flights.
5. Business Class with Etihad offers the highest standards with all seats converting to full flat beds, all with aisle access so you can stretch your legs without disturbing your neighbour.
6. A Business Class Food & Beverage Manager will guide you through the Dine Anytime menu allowing you the flexibility to eat according to your preferred time zone and beat jet lag.
7. Etihad’s First Class Apartments on the A380 are some of the largest and most private in the sky with a separate seat and bed.
8. Although there is an extensive menu in First Class, internationally trained Inflight Chefs use their culinary experience to invent and prepare individual dining experiences.
9. For those looking for the ultimate in luxury, Etihad offer The Residence in their A380 aircraft, available between London and Sydney. This private three-room apartment in the sky has a lounge area, double bedroom and ensuite bathroom with shower. You also get a private Savoy-trained Butler.
10. If you’re looking to break your journey, Abu Dhabi is a great stopover destination and now even better value with the new ‘Extraordinary Abu Dhabi Pass,' offering fantastic discounts to leading attractions, restaurants and leisure activities. Your Etihad boarding card is the pass unlocking all these great deals.
This fast-paced, cosmopolitan city combines colonial history, stunning architecture, picturesque waterways and friendly people. Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge are must-sees, while nearby Bondi Beach is a great spot for sunbathing, surfing, paddleboarding and kitesurfing. Don’t miss Mrs Macquarie’s Chair for harbour views along with your midday refreshments, then head to the Paddington district for its lively café and pub scene.
Experience Uluru from Sydney: While it might be thousands of kilometres away in the Northern Territory, Sydney is the gateway to the famous giant sandstone monolith thanks to Virgin Australia’s daily service to Ayres Rock Airport. Take a tour of this sacred place for the indigenous Aboriginal people and discover the natural beauty of the surrounding Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
Often compared to a European city, Melbourne combines gorgeous architecture with a vibrant foodie culture and a thriving arts scene. It is also Australia’s sporting capital, hosting the Australian Football League Grand Final, Australian Open tennis tournament and the annual Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Experience the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne: Starting in nearby Torquay and stretching all the way to Allansford 240km away, the Great Ocean Road is Australia’s quintessential road trip. See natural phenomena such as the 12 Apostles sea stacks, the Gibson Steps and the London Arch, stop off at one of the many quaint towns or cities along the way, and choose from a multitude of atmospheric beaches.
The capital of Queensland is an up-and-coming destination for many visitors to Australia, with much of its activity focused around the Brisbane River – a glittering waterway where you can scale the locally famous Story Bridge, take a steam ferry cruise, Rollerblade over floating walkways and abseil the Kangaroo Point cliffs. It’s warm year round and its people are renowned for their hospitality.
Experience Gold Coast from Brisbane: Only an hour away by car, this holiday hotspot has an array of fantastic beaches including the world-renowned stretch of golden sand at Surfer’s Paradise. With warm water perfect for swimming and a coastline set to the backdrop of a modern metropolis, Brisbane offers something for different ages and interests, from boutique shopping along Cahill Avenue to Warner Bros Movie World theme park.
Experience the Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane: The southern reaches of the world’s largest coral reef system sit four hours north of Brisbane. Rich in colour, marine life and corals, this 2,300km reef has dive sites for all abilities, from shallow spots around the islands – perfect for first-timers – to the deeper outer reefs.
If you would like to book your Etihad Airways holiday to Australia, contact your Travel Counsellor.