My Bucket List
There are so many amazing places in the world that I would like to see, that picking just ten was really difficult but here they are, my top ten places that I would like to visit:-
1. The Masai Mara in Kenya during migration. I would love to see the famous wildebeest migration as well as all of the other animals in the wild. This dream was very nearly a reality after I managed to persuade my husband that we should go to Kenya over South Africa. After some negotiating and persuasive charms we booked the holiday, a week in the Masai Mara at the Governor’s Camp followed by a week on a beach in Mombasa. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel the trip and we ended up back in Las Vegas for the third time but I am determined that we will have this holiday one day.
2. Australia. Australia has so many great places to visit but for me it would have to be The Great Barrier Reef for its incredible snorkelling and diving experiences and Sydney to visit the famous Harbour Bridge and Opera House. As a big cricket fan and a follower of the Australian cricket team, my husband would also want to try and squeeze in some sort of cricket related trip or activity.
3. Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore (see I told you I couldn’t pick just ten places). The problem here would be I wouldn’t know which resorts to choose. They all look absolutely amazing, with beautiful beaches, traditional Thai food and so much culture but an absolute must for me would be to see the elephants and volunteer at a rescue centre or nature park for the day.
4. Paris. Some might say the most romantic city in the world and this trip is already in the pipeline, although not for romance but for football. My husband has tickets to the Euro 2016 semi-final and final in France and I have managed to turn this into a week’s holiday, hoping to take in some of the iconic sights that Paris has to offer.
5. Rome. For a start, Italian food is my favourite, I could eat pasta all day long, if my waistline would allow me too, followed by their famous ice creams, it sounds amazing before I’ve even seen anything! The backdrop to many films, the famous St Peter’s Square in the Vatican City would be a must see along with the Colosseum, the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps.
6. Peru. Like most people wanting to visit Peru, it would be to see the ancient Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. I’m not sure I would manage a 7 day trek, so maybe a 2 or 4 day trek would suit me or, is it cheating if I take the luxury train?
7. Lapland at Christmas. Anyone that knows me, knows that Christmas is my absolute favourite time of year. Still at the age of 33 I get excited on Christmas Eve and will never go downstairs first on Christmas morning, just in case Santa is still there! To see the man himself and his reindeers in Lapland, take a husky sled ride and maybe even see the Northern Lights would be a dream come true.
8. Bora Bora. Sounds silly but I saw this on an episode of the Kardashians once and thought it looked totally idyllic or maybe that was because they were staying in super luxurious exclusive accommodation. Never mind, a girl can dream!!
9. Route 66. With 2,400 miles stretching from Chicago to Santa Monica and crossing 8 states a Route 66 road trip would take some beating. Having already visited a number of places in America, it is somewhere that I will never grow tired of, although I may need that Bora Bora holiday afterwards to have some relaxation!
10. Monte Carlo. I am a people watcher and I do this almost everywhere I go so to spend time surrounded by the rich and famous would be my idea of a good time. Sitting outside a bar at the Harbour watching the yachts come and go with a glass of champagne….. where do I sign up?
So that’s it, my top ten. I would love to hear what’s on your bucket list or maybe even help you cross some places off that list.