General Travel Advice
29 January 2019
We want to make sure you have the best experience possible on your travels. That’s why it’s important you are have access to all the relevant information and advice, and of course you will have your own personal Travel Counsellor to help explain this to you too. Here’s some of the key information you need to know about. Plus we cover even more important information and advice in this downloadable document, from travelling to your destination to how to keep safe whilst on your travels.
UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- The well-being and safety of our customers is our priority and so globally as a business we follow the accurate and up to date travel advice offered by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- We advise customers to check information on destinations by either following the FCO advice in the UK, which you can find on this link, or the advice of the respective advisory service in your country. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Travel Counsellor.
Passports & Visas
- We ask that customers ensure all travelling passengers have valid, acceptable passports with the relevant length of time before expiry, and any required visas or other documentation for both the final destination and any planned stop-off points.
- Please be aware, some destinations require children travelling with one or neither parents to have specific signed legal documentation.
- If you have any questions in relation to passports and visas prior to booking or travelling on your trip, please contact your Travel Counsellor.
- All travelling passengers should travel with adequate insurance cover, which will ensure there is cover against unforeseen cancellation charges, medical costs incurred whilst away from home (subject to approval), personal liability claims, loss of money etc.
- Your Travel Counsellor can offer competitive travel insurance premiums. A quote can be given at the time of booking and full policy wordings and cover details can be obtained from your Travel Counsellor.
- If something happens when you’re away from home, you can contact either your Travel Counsellor or our 24/7 duty office that utilises our global presence in seven countries and time zones to ensure that you are supported around the clock, whenever you need it. You can call our Duty Office on +44161 608 1052.