1. A room with an ever-changing view One of the reasons so many people love river cruise is the view outside your window, or from the deck. Not only have you always got a view (which many hotels charge extra for), it’s also always changing. You can open the sliding doors and settle down with a good book and watch the world go by. I love siting on deck with a drink, relaxing and taking it all in.
2. A holiday where you can relax and explore Something that’s unique about river cruises is that while offering the opportunity to unwind and watch the world go by, they also offer you the chance to visit many different historic cities and towns along the way. Each day is a new adventure.
3. It’s like a floating boutique hotel One of the best things about a river cruise holiday is the ship. With most of them carrying around 120 passengers it makes it a very intimate experience. With each ship having about 50 staff on board, you get fantastic and very friendly service as well. It never feels crowded. The ships all have great facilities and often have an outdoor swimming pool, spa facilities and a gym, as well as bikes to use in port.
4. You only have to unpack once Usually if you want to see more than one European city on a trip you have to keep re-packing your bags. Checking-in, checking-out. Getting on and off a coach or train. It’s not enjoyable, it takes precious time out of your holiday and it’s tiring. When you’re on a river cruise, you unpack once and then all your time is your own to relax and enjoy yourself.
5. Immerse Yourself In The Culture There is nothing better than a river cruise for really getting an in depth feel for a region. Not only do you call at lots of ports and see lots of sites, the delicious cuisine of the region is brought on board. The chefs use local produce in their cooking and aim to reflect the region in their menu. Local wines are often paired with meals. Most river cruise lines also bring on board local speakers and local entertainers to really get you feeling part of the local culture.
I absolutely love river cruise myself and would love others to discover it too.
If you have any questions or like to find out more, please get in touch www.jenny.cookman/travelcounsellors.com Email: email@example.com