After my awesome trip with Tauck, cruising down the Danube, I'm hooked on River Cruising, so I thought I'd share my top 10 moments with you:
1. Step out of the bathroom without having shut the curtains! Well……hello!
2. Sipping an aperol spritz, gluhwein or hot chocolate wrapped in a blanket on the top deck, whilst gliding past fairy-tale castles and picture-book village.
3. Checking out your moves on the river boat dance floor accompanied by a local band.
4. Laughing till your ribs hurt with your new found friends on the ship - and crying when you have to leave them (and exchanging contact details to meet on your next river cruise).
5. Always finding room for cake – even when you have had more than enough – and then some!
6. Staring longingly into our guide Steve McQueens eyes and thanking the Gods for the technology provided, so you know what’s going on.
7. Sneaking into the Jacuzzi on the top deck when no-ones looking; champagne in hand and gazing at the stars.
8. Feeling like a princess in your own private castle, accompanied by the attention of amazing staff who are there to pander to your every need.
9. Dining like royalty and dancing to Mozart in the Grand Hall of a stunning palace
10. Docking so close to the city centre, you can disembark and get on your way; finding off the beaten track places you never knew existed – and have now become your favourite!
I'm so proud that CLIA (Cruise Lines International Assocation) shared my tips on their site with their members.
If you are looking for independent advice on any aspects of cruising, please join here: http://cruiseexperts.org/new-to-cruise/ If you are looking for a cruise specialist, I have achieved the highest status of Master and would be more than happy to help. To find me, just type in my postcode: NE65 0HZ
Happy Cruising! :-) xxx