Top 10 Reasons to Get Married Abroad
1. The Destination The pull of exotic backdrops is too enticing for Brits to resist, making this the number one reason for sunshine weddings.
2. The Weather The chances of a rainy day in paradise are slim compared to the probability offered by stereotypical British weather. When planning their big day, this is a risk a lot of brides aren’t willing to take.
3. A Tight-Knit Circle of Friends and Family A factor that most people found appealing about getting hitched abroad was the fact that it would only involve their close family and friends, and they wouldn’t have to deal with (or pay for) entertaining a large wedding party.
4. That Perfect Beach Wedding It sounds so irresistible: the gentle sea breeze, the clear blue sky and golden sands as the backdrop. This is wedding a lot of brides envision, and it simply wouldn’t be the same on the English coast.
5. The Planning A large portion of brides and grooms found planning a wedding abroad easier than planning one at home. This is because a lot of overseas venues organise packages with most necessities included, taking the stress and worry out of the couple's hands.
6. Less Traditional Couples that aren’t looking for a traditional wedding find themselves drawn towards a ceremony abroad, as it offers plenty of possibilities for quirky and interesting options that tie into other cultures and traditions.
7. Unique Experiences There is greater opportunity when getting married abroad to do something special and unique that is not necessarily available at home. From underwater vows to safari weddings, the list is near endless.
8. Recreating First Holidays A lot of couples are heading abroad to give their weddings additional sentimental value by revisiting the destinations they spent their first holiday together as a couple. Recreating those cherished memories as a married couple can make a wedding that little bit more special.
9. Budget On average, weddings in UK in 2019 cost £14,674.00 whereas reports show that weddings abroad are usually more around the £6,500 mark – and that's a good reason enough reason for most.
10. Timescales Weddings abroad can have a much quicker turnaround time. As most of the finer details are dealt with by package providers, eager brides and grooms don’t have to wait about as long.